Discovering Why Used Cars Are Better Than New Ones
The history of automobiles dates back to the time of the late 18th century. During that period a French engineer, Nicolas Joseph Cugnot, invented the first ever functional self-propelled automobile. When the various internal combustion engines, which were gasoline powered, were invented, the commercial history of the automobiles commenced. There were a lot of automobile companies that came into existence in the United States as well as various parts of European countries. Since that time, the major increase in the productions of cars has led to a drop in the prices of vehicles.
Why should one buy a car?
If your finance allows it, then there is a series of various reasons why you should buy a car. The popular companies like Volkswagen, Ford, Honda, Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Hyundai and many more bring you a wide range of automobiles to get your hands on and with an affordable price. But why should one get a car?
The sales people always find a way to make their customers buy their products and the same goes with an extravagant commodity like a car. Nowadays, people have the free access to a diverse variety of new models of automobiles that can be chartered under your name, but then, at the same time, all the conditions related to this lease are often very limited and expensive. Some points can even prove why used cars are better than new.
But all in all, there are several reasons why you should probably get a car:
- The very first reason is the fact that after a stipulated amount of time, the monthly payments secured for the car will conclude. Car dealers relish the lease because it allows them to get never-ending payments from the customers after they buy a car, which undoubtedly increases the long-term cost of the vehicle. But the most prominent reason to buy a car that once you get over with its payments, you will feel free to drive your car without any tension of the monthly payments. This is also a reason why some people think why used cars are better than new ones.
- The best part of buying a car is that you get to drive as much as you want. You will not have to rely on cabs or public transport to reach your destinations. If you are on a lease, then there is indeed a limit to the miles that you can travel by car and hence imposes too many restrictions to your trips.
- You won’t deal with any early termination charges when you have your car. You won’t have to make any payments like you have to do in case of making a lease.
- Last but not least, let’s not forget the exclusive offer you have of selling the car whenever you wish. If you have a car of your own and then suddenly decide on getting a new model that appeals you a lot, then you always have an option of selling your car and get the new one immediately.
But to a certain extent, there are various downs of actually buying a “new car”. Many people prefer buying old cars rather than spending a huge sum from their savings on getting a new car.
How and why used cars are better than new ones?
There have been many surveys where people have stated that they prefer used cars over the new ones. Several reasons led to a reasonable conclusion about why they thought this way.
- Depreciation: Let’s just agree that the primary reason why someone would buy a used car is the cost of the automobile. You save loads of money and there a ton of cars that can be bought at the rate of a fraction of the original price. The most famous Mercedes that cost around a high price of $225,000 can be undeniably bought at a rate of $65,000 just a year after the purchase.
- Elimination of various issues: One of the spotlight reasons why used cars are better than new ones is that you don’t need to worry about the issues revolving around a car during the first year of purchase. Even the best cars can have a dent in their manufacturing. So you don’t have to worry about the issues that a new car can face in general.
- A rather bigger selection: When it comes to purchasing your favourites, there is a possibility that the company has stopped manufacturing it. If you want to buy a Dodge Viper, then hard luck. The company stopped producing this model. But you can always buy it from someone who has this model and is willing to sell it to you. It seems a sensible reason to prove why used cars are better than new.
- Insurance: New cars are just way more expensive when it comes to insurance on the average and especially if you have a huge lien or a lease against them. So many people have to pay extra cash as gap insurance.
- Long term of leases: As mentioned earlier, the car dealers relish the lease because it allows them to get never-ending payments from the customers after they buy a car, which undoubtedly increases the long-term cost of the vehicle. The leases can be never-ending, owing to the dealers.
- The CPO warranties: In olden times, people gambled on the reliability of the used cars. The certified pre-owned programs (CPO) altered the game on how easy it can be to buy a used car. The CPO has led to purchasing the used cars with a warranty, just like the brand-new ones.
With these points notified, you may now understand why used cars are better than new ones. There are even websites that you can buy the used cars in considerably good condition. Trusted sites like CarWale, Quikr, Auto Trader, Craigslist and Droom makes it easier for you to get your hand on some of the most well-maintained used cars.
Well, the next time you think of buying a shiny new car, think twice. You can probably get a similar one without spending even half its effective cost. So, don’t be tempted by that sparkling shine that the new cars project, the used cars can be equally marvellous.