Used Cars are No Bad Choice
It is a moment of pride to own a car, and indeed it is special when you strive for it and finally earn it. The feeling of owning your own first car is extremely powerful, be it a brand new car or a second hand used one, but the first time is always special. It goes without saying that a car is an expensive item to purchase and pay for; and everyone gets it for different purposes, according to their needs. Some buy it as a means to travel and commute on a daily basis, some purchase it for a business purpose such as a car rental service. Some need it for long distance travel and there are some who have a fetish for cars and simply want to own one. So there are a variety of buyers and for each, there is a different need to purchase. According to the need and want, people may buy first hand, brand new cars while some choose to buy a second-hand car.
All you need to know about second-hand cars
A Used car is still a good bargain if it has been maintained well. Carrying out good maintenance contributes a lot to the current condition and to the sale value. Despite, being at a depreciated rate, the price fluctuates according to the car’s condition. However, when purchasing a second-hand car, here are a few tips that will help you make the right decision when exploring and choosing through a huge lot of cars; and also will give you tips what on what precautions must be taken while making the purchase so that there is no error later.
Here are a few major points you need to keep in mind when purchasing a used car
- Make sure you test drive the care yourself and do not completely rely on the conditions described on paper. This is the most important aspect when purchasing a car. The practical technicalities of the car can be known only when driven. Driving through a variety of terrains such as inner city and in the outer country informs you about any potential defects such as shuddering, braking and if all the electronics work.
- Get a thorough inspection done of the car by a well-qualified mechanic. This helps in the detection of any machinery flaws that might be there. This will surely be a preventive measure that will avoid you having any hassle of the car breaking down later.
- Do not miss on checking with the car insurance papers and its proper handover to the second owner from its first owner. While doing this, record the engine and chassis number given in the papers, check for correct numbers and check all the insurance coverage
- Get the car registered in your name and get the insurance papers transferred as well. It will save you any confusion later in the case of an insurance claim.
- Very importantly, get NCB transferred to your name. This is important as, despite the insurance and registration being transferred, NCB does not come within it. It needs separate attention. NCB is No Claim Bonus, which is not transferred; you may have to pay for the difference in the amount for the policy balance period.
- Know your car well. Make sure to select a car which serves your purpose, know the details and specifications of the car.
Used cars serve extremely well and at times are as good as a new car, without giving you the financial crunch. It is just a matter of your selection of the car and the meticulous attention that you paid to the deal while purchasing the used car.